Welcome to the DETER Documentation Wiki and Trouble Ticket site
Check out the FrequentlyAskedQuestions to see if your question has already been answered. Search is your friend.
If you do contact us, please include the following:
- Your DETER username
- Your project
- Your experiment (if applicable)
- Please include a link
- Link format is:
[experiment:pid:eid] (pid is project name, eid is experiment name)
- A description of the problem. Be as detailed as you can. The following are all helpful:
- What you typed or clicked, what you expected to happen as a result, and what did happen
- Any error messages or logs (verbatim errors are best)
- Which nodes in your experiment are having a problem (if applicable)
- If your problem is with an experiment, please leave a copy swapped in for us (disable idle swap)
There are a number of ways to get assistance.
- Create a trouble ticket.
- Please login above with your DETER username and password (the ticket system currently requires a separate login).
- Go to the new ticket page
- Fill in as much as possible (see above)
- The DETER staff is available for live chat in the IRC channel #DETER on irc.deterlab.net.
- Most active M-F 10 AM - 7 PM
- State your project, experiment and user name. If you do not provide these details, we will be unable to help you.
- We may not respond instantly. Be patient.
- We poll about once an hour
- So seriously, be patient
- If you are impatient, please file a ticket (see above).
- If you're having a problem with an experiment, be ready to supply the information above.
- If you do not have an IRC client installed we provide a web interface to the IRC channel.
- You will need to be logged in to DETER to use the web interface.
- Email testbed-ops@….
- We strongly prefer that you open a ticket rather than emailing us
- Even if you know specific administrator's e-mail addresses, always send your mail to testbed-ops@… in case that person is unavailable.
We are working on adding DETER specific documentation to this wiki. For general Emulab documentation, please visit the Emulab Documentation Wiki