Welcome to the DETER trac Wiki and Trouble Ticket site
No matter how you contact us, please include the following:
- Your DETER username
- Your project
- Your experiment (if applicable)
- A description of the problem. Be as detailed as you can. The following are all helpful:
- What you typed or clicked, what you expected to happen as a result, and what did happen
- Any error messages or logs (verbatim errors are best)
- Which nodes in your experiment are having a problem (if applicable)
- If your problem is with an experiment, please leave a copy swapped in for us (turn off autoswap)
There are a number of ways to get assistance.
- Create a trouble ticket.
- Please login above with your DETER username and password (the ticket system currently requires a separate login).
- Go to the new ticket page
- Fill in as much as possible (see above)
- The DETER staff is available for live chat in the IRC channel #DETER on irc.isi.deterlab.net.
- Most active M-F 10 AM - 7 PM
- We may not respond instantly. Be patient.
- We poll about once an hour
- So seriously, be patient
- If you're having a problem with an experiment, be ready to supply the information above.
- If you do not have an IRC client istalled we provide a web interface to the IRC channel.
- You will need to be logged in to DETER to use the web interface.
- Email testbed-ops@….
- Even if you know specific administrator's e-mail addresses, always send your mail to testbed-ops@… in case that person is unavailable.
We are working on adding DETER specific documentation to this wiki. For general Emulab documentation, please visit the Emulab Documentation Wiki