Getting Help with DETER
What to do first if you are having trouble?
Check out the FrequentlyAskedQuestions to see if your question has already been answered. You can also search the documentation and trouble tickets with Search.
Taking a few moments to properly document what you are having trouble with will help in getting your problem addresses quickly.
If you do contact us, please include the following:
- Your DETER username
- Your project
- Your experiment (if applicable)
- Please include a link
- Link format is:
[experiment:pid:eid] (pid is project name, eid is experiment name)
- A description of the problem. Be as detailed as you can. The following are all helpful:
- What you typed or clicked, what you expected to happen as a result, and what did happen
- Any error messages or logs (verbatim errors are best)
- Which nodes in your experiment are having a problem (if applicable)
- If your problem is with an experiment, please leave a copy swapped in for us (disable idle swap)
Ways to get assistance
Create a trouble ticket
- Please login above with your DETER username and password (the ticket system currently requires a separate login).
- Go to the new ticket page
- Fill in as much as possible (see above)
This is the best way to contact us. We are notified when new tickets are opened and respond to them quickly, often as soon as we receive them (during business hours).
If you are reporting a support problem, do not email us. Instead, follow instructions above for filing a ticket.
If for some reason you must email us, DETER testbed operations can be reached at testbed-ops@….
- Always send your mail to testbed-ops@… and not just to the person who responded to you. That way we can still help you in case that person is unavailable.